The Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, Mount Tomah (the Garden) is open from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. The Garden is closed on Christmas Day.
Any function that runs outside of the Garden's opening times will be required to pay an after-hours security fee, as noted in the rate schedule. All after hours functions must cease by 10.00 pm and the Garden be vacated by all guests and suppliers by 10.30 pm.
A booking may be secured upon receipt of full venue hire payment and completed booking form. Please note your booking is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation letter from the Garden.
Payment of fees can be made by credit card (MasterCard and Visa) or direct deposit into our account. Please speak to our staff for account details if paying by direct deposit.
If you have made a booking and wish to change the time or location, please speak to our friendly staff by calling (02) 4567 3019 to check availability.
There is no free set up time. Applicants should consider set up and pack down time when making a booking. Please ensure any equipment set up and pack down, and guest arrival and departures, occur within your booking time. To avoid overlap with other functions please adhere to these times, or book additional site hire.
The site you have chosen for your function cannot be closed off to the public, however it is reserved for your use. Signage is erected prior to the booking time to advise members of the public the area has been reserved for a private function.
If you wish to cancel a booking please speak to our staff by calling (02) 4567 3000.
In the event of cancellation, the following fees will be retained by the Trust:
- Cancellations received more than one month prior to your booking will be given a 50% refund of the total fee received.
- Cancellations received less than one month prior to your booking will not be given a refund.
Cancellation due to inclement weather:
- A 50% refund of the venue hire fee will be given if you have notified the Visitor Centre on 02 4634 7935 before 9:00 am on the day of your booking, a message must be left on the voicemail. To process your refund we require a written cancellation (as above) which must be received by the Visitor Centre no more than 14 days after your booking date.
Should a venue booking be cancelled due to the Garden being closed or, in the reasonable opinion of the Garden, the venue is unusable for any reason, the hirer will receive a full refund. The Garden will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss the hirer may suffer from third party or extenal bookings. The hirer hereby releases the Garden, its servants, agents and contractors from any claims, losses and liabilities which may arise because of a venue booking cancellation.
Entrance to the Garden is from Bells Line of Road at Mount Tomah. The Garden is well signposted.
Access to the Garden areas is pedestrian only and no vehicles are permitted off the main roads of the Garden unless previously arranged. Arrangements must be made with Garden staff for delivery vehicles to move under the supervision of a Garden ranger. A fee applies for these services.
Equipment can be hired from commercial function hire companies. All equipment brought into the Garden requires prior permission. The hirer must notify the Garden prior to the event of any suppliers who will be providing goods or services. A copy of the suppliers' public liability insurance must be provided to the Garden along with details of drop off and pick up times. A list of suppliers previously used for functions at the Garden can be provided on request.
Hirers are responsible for the care and control of all externally hired equipment as well as their own property and personal effects. Loss or damage to such items is not covered by the Garden's insurance policy.
Marquees may be erected on the Formal Lawn or Heath & Heather Lawn only by request.
All decorations must be approved by the Garden and removed at the conclusion of the function. Decorations must not damage or alter any part of the site.
Throwing of confetti, glitters, sprays, streamers, poppers or rice is not permitted.
Rose petals and bubbles are permitted.
No live plant material containing soil is to be used within the Garden. The Garden houses internationally important plant collections and this requirement is to project the collections from any risk of transmission of plant disease.
Pre-recorded music or a small live ensemble is allowed. Discrete use of amplified or live music and public address systems is permitted. This use must not impinge on other users of the Garden and the Garden reserves the right to instruct the system be turned off of complaints are received from other patrons. The Formal Garden is the only venue with an electricity supply. Battery-powered speakers may be used as well as generators with silencers.
All goods brought in by the hirer must be removed from the Garden no later than the time specified on the booking confirmation, unless prior arrangement has been made.
Smoke machines are not allowed.
Hired sites must be left as found and be ready for the next user.
No food or drink is to be left in the Garden.
All rubbish is to be taken away with the hirer. Rubbish disposal can be arranged with the Garden for a fee.
Ice and hot water are not to be tipped on to any lawn or garden bed. This damages the collection and a fee will be charged to rectify any damage. Ice and hot water are to be tipped onto the edge of a roadway or path, ensuring the safety of all guests and visitors is maintained.
All damage must be reported to the Garden in person or by phone by calling (02) 4567 3000.
The hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost of any damage or breakages to the venue, its fittings and contents, the surrounding grounds and for any additional cleaning that may be required.
If fire equipment is used in an irresponsible manner the cost of inspection and replenishing will be the responsibility of the hirer.
If a fire alarm is activated unnecessarily the hirer will be liable for the fine issued by Fire and Rescue NSW.
Parking Noise and Surrounding Residents
The hirer is responsible for the preservation of good order during and following the hire of the venue amongst their guests.
Vehicles should only be in designated parking areas and strictly not on any grass or planted areas. The hirer will be charged to rectify any damaged caused.
The applicant agrees:
- Under no circumstances to set up in any area of the Garden other than the venue hired.
- To be responsible for the conduct of any visitor/guest during the hire period and ensure the attendance at the event does not exceed the number of guests advised. The cost of any damage caused by any person during the function will be charged to you as the applicant.
- To ensure that guests leave the venue in an orderly manner with respect to the surrounding neighbours. The hirer will be responsible for any damage or inconvenience to any residents during the function and/or when leaving the Garden and will be charged accordingly.
- To notify the Garden ranger immediately if there is any threat of trouble.
- To report any accidents or injuries that occur while at the venue during times of hire to the Garden ranger on duty.
- They will occupy the venue at their own risk and hereby releases, fully permitted by law, the Garden, its servants, agents and contractors, and hereby indemnifies the Garden from and against all claims and all liability which may arise in respect of any accident or damage to priority or death of, or injury to, nay person of whatsoever nature or kind arising because of any act or neglect of an applicant or any of their invitees.
- To ensure there is no smoking inside any buildings.
- To ensure no pets or animals are in the venue.
The Garden holds important plant collections and reserves the right to renovate its collections and/or garden beds at any time.
In the event of an emergency, please call (02) 4567 3000 or the Garden ranger on 0428 118 563.