OOSH Spring Holiday Program 2022
Bees, Butterflies and Bugs!
Join us in the Gardens this spring to meet some powerful pollinators!
Kids will journey around the Gardens to learn about the special relationship between butterflies, bees, bugs and flowers. They’ll explore how flowers use colour, perfume and shapes to attract their invertebrate friends and even build their own miniature flower garden to attract their favourite buggy, buzzy buddy!
Dates: 4th - 7th October | 10:30 - 12:30pm & 1:30 - 3:30pm
Program length: 2 hours
Ages: 5-12 years
Cost: $16.50 per child
Group size: Minimum 15 children, maximum 27 children
Maximum groups to be booked per timeslot: 3 groups/81 children
Meeting point: Education Centre, The Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah
Book Bees, Butterflies and Bugs!
My Time, Our Place
Our programs contribute to the Early Years Learning Framework outcomes:
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children feel safe, secure and supported
- Children develop knowledgeable and confident self-identities
- Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children engage with and learn about the natural environment
- Children learn about the roles plants play in our lives (food, fibre, medicine etc)
- Children learn about the interdependence between land, people, plants & animals
- Children appreciate and care for natural and constructed environments
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Children use a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, enquiry, experimentation, hypothesising, researching and investigating
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
- Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes
- Children collaborate with others, express ideas and make meaning using a range of media and communication technologies