What you need:
- A sturdy tree with low branches
- A person who wants to climb a tree!
- Check for biting insects, hairy caterpillars or wasp nests.
- Check for loose branches.
- Look out for others climbing in the tree and don’t overload the tree with too many people!
- Never get lifted into a tree: always climb up yourself.
TIME TO CLIMB!
Grip the branches with your hands and use your arm muscles to pull yourself up.
Always check that the tree limb is sturdy before putting all your weight on it.
Maintain three points of contact with the tree at all times.
Don’t climb too high without practicing your climb down first.
Never jump out of a tree.
Did you know?
The tallest trees in the world are the giant Sequoia trees from North America which grow to 70 metres.