Survive and Thrive - Stage 3
Your students will investigate a range of native plants and the features they have that allow them to survive in the Australian environment. Students will examine plants in contrasting environments such as the rainforest and desert, and make connections between the physical conditions and the growth and survival of plants.
- Stage 3 Science and Technology
- 2 hours
- Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
- $12 per student. Minimum charges apply
- Explore the Rainforest Walk and observe a variety of native rainforest plants.
- Examine the structural features and learn about how these allow them to survive.
- Visit the Succulent Garden and compare the ways different plants respond to drier and hotter conditions.
- Observe a variety of plants in different locations and compare and contrast the different adaptations and characteristics
- Discuss the requirements of plants as living things and the ways they meet their needs.
A glorious location and worthwhile experience for teachers and students.
Teacher, Glenmore Road Public School