Reduce, Reuse, Recycle & Respect - Stages 2 & 3
Learn practical ways to use the four R’s at home and at school. Explore the environmental impacts of disposable packaging. Learn about sustainable living practices. Participate in gardening activities; preparing, planting and mulching a garden bed. Visit our compost area and see our worm farm in action.
- Stages 2 & 3 Science & Technology
- 2 hours
- Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
- $12 per student. Minimum charges apply
- A highly interactive lesson designed to educate students about sustainable gardening, and how they can practice it – including sowing seeds, composting and keeping a worm farm
- Learn about how we reduce the need for water in our garden with the use of recycled matter and sustainable practices
- Look at creative options for items that can be reused
- Identify items that can and cannot be recycled
- Discuss the responsibilities we have to the environment
- Become an ‘enviro-warrior’, get your hands dirty and learn that we need to respect the environment!
- Describe the effect of people’s actions on the environment
- Explore the ways existing products can be reused and recycled
- Explore the environmental impact of everyday products
- Learn about sustainable living practices
- Examine the compost bins and worm farms and learn about what you can recycle in these
- Prepare garden beds and plant seeds.
An engaging and informative learning experience.
Teacher, Orange Public School