Alexander's Outing - Stage 1
Based on Pamela Allen’s book ‘Alexander’s Outing’, children trace Alexander’s journey through the garden and solve mathematical problems along the way.
- Early Stage 1 & Stage 1 Mathematics and English
- 2 hours
- Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
- $12 per student. Minimum charges apply
- Explore the real-life setting of Alexander’s adventure in Pamela Allen’s Alexander’s Outing
- Actively participate in a retelling of the story to elicit comprehension and meaning
- Discover the animals that call the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney their home
- Count birds at the pond and discover the many shapes found in the natural and built environment
- Hold hands around the bottle tree to measure its girth
- Rescue Alexander using cups of water
- Discuss estimation and try not to get wet!
- Actively participate in a retelling of Alexander’s Outing using costumes and props
- Count bird numbers and identify shapes in the natural and built environment
- Measure the girth of a bottle tree
- Discuss estimation and have fun rescuing Alexander.
A fantastic educational experience for children. Well organised and delivered beautifully’.
Teacher, Ashbury Public School